Monday, February 27, 2012

My Life


“Get busy living, or get busy dying,”
But whats the point?
“After all, tomorrow is another day.”
With all of the ignorance in the world,
How could we handle common sense?

 "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore,”
How can society progress so far,
While falling even further?
“Soylent Green is people,”
But then again, why should that bother us?

We are eating our minds,
Why should we care if our neighbors “go missing?”
"Love means never having to say you're sorry,"
Love?
Or perhaps war?

“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room,”
How can the world be so bleak?
Without anyone noticing?
What about faith?
Faith in God, or Allah, or Buddha?

Is nothing holy?
Is nothing worth the faith of mankind?
“An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral,”
Perhaps this is wrong?
Perhaps God does exist?

“Well, nobody's perfect,”
And yet, we all must be,
We all want the truth,
Well, mankind,
“You cant handle the truth!”

“Of all the gin joints,
In all the towns,
In all the world,
She walks into mine.”
But who was she?

Intelligence,
Kindness,
Common sense,
Love,
Call it what you will, but that is the meaning of life.

What could it be,
if not that?
“The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of,”
That is what matters,
And nothing more.

Or maybe I am crazy?
Call me a nut,
Tell me I'm senseless,
And maybe you are right, but,
“Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.”



No comments:

Post a Comment